You can always use at least one deck of playing cards in your home, and illustrator Sarah Ferone has created a set that’s a playful twist on convention. Called Cocktail Hour, she pays homage to the “craft of the cocktail” and adorns the cards with fabulous portraits of people who hold muddlers, martini shakers, tiny umbrellas, and much more.
1. Double Daisy Flower Girl Head Vase by Dim + Sum
2. Painted Spoon Portrait by Emma Lisette Palmer (She’ll create a custom one for you!)
3. Roach Clip Necklace by Erica Weiner
4. Woven blanket by Slowdown Studio
5. Siamese Cat Bookmarks by Sonia Cavallini
6. Owl Tattoo Tights by Stern Tights
7. Ceramic Chubby Cat Yarn Bowl by Barruntando
If you feel comforted by tiny animal companions, then RamaLama Creatures is going to make you real happy. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the adorable polymer sculptures are hand painted with a ton of intricate detail and finished with a glossy varnish.
Raminta is the lady behind RamaLama creatures, and she’s always had a fascination with the beauty of nature—her childhood was spent on the Baltic Sea shore. After graduating with a degree in photography, she dedicated herself to “mastering skills and perfecting design” of her characters. It usually takes days to create a single animal.
RamaLama Creatures are available on Etsy, but they’re often sold out. Follow Raminta on Instagram to see what’s coming up next!
1. Terrarium Back Patch By Rand Renfrow
2. Snake Knot Ring by Kaye Blegvad
3. Heart Leaf Enamel Pin by Sarah Abbott
4. Lunar Blossom Embroidery Kit by Cozyblue
5. Wall Lamp BULB by Madda
6. Banana Pillow by thing Ind.
7. Mexico Lindo Earrings by La vidriola
Illustrator Leah Goren just came out with this new book that celebrates female friendships, aptly titled Besties. Perfect timing for the gift-giving season—and especially considering the events of this past week.
1. Shut-Eye ‘Lash’ Stud Earrings by Ginny Reynders
2. Frog Plate by Kom
3. Vegan Necklace by La Vidriola (I became obsessed with it after Tuesday’s post)
4. Portugal in a Can by Mar Cerdá
5. Flutter Necklaces and Rings by Black Rabbit Studio
6. Bangles by Dinara Mirtalipova
7. Tropical Birds Tile by Bodil Jane (I recently wrote about her work!)
Looking for an advent calendar for Christmas? Harriet Gray of the Hello Harriet shop is now taking pre-orders for her delightful calendar that comes complete with “24 purrfectly grumpy temporary tattoos,” plus an enamel pin on Christmas day.
I’ve got serious envy of Charlotte Jacobs (aka @charrrl_iie) illustrative outfits. The Belgium-based fashionista adorns her daily attire with playful pins, necklaces, and sweaters, creating a collision of characters, color, and pattern. She’s not afraid to mix patterns and colors, and for that—I commend her. I wish I was as bold!
I’ve included her original Instagram posts because she tags her photos with the makers who created the charming products.
1. Santa Serpiente Candle by Collette Marie Shop
2. Wood-Book Clutch by vosk.studio
3. 2017 Calendar by Sarah Andreacchio
4. Pencil Chopstick Holders by Yinfan Huang
5. Everyday Bravey Enamel Pins by Emily McDowell
6. Monkey Pot by Charlotte Mei
7. Eye Notebook by Designs Tandem
As someone who uses a sleep mask (a must-have if your partner just has to fall asleep with the TV on), I am super excited to make this project by The House That Lars Built. My current sleeping mask is so boring!
1. Black Rabbit Enamel Pin by Eradura
2. Girl and Tiger Dish by Lisa Junius
3. Embroidered Collar by Casa Tienda de Amelia B
4. Mystery Cactus! by Close Call Studio
5. Red Fox Sleeping Mask by Julien & Emily Design
6. Cat Clutch by Bunnie Reiss and pskaufman (see more of Bunnie’s work!)
7. Cave Creatures Coaster by Meg Hunt for the SALUT! Show at Nucleus Portland
Did you know I have a newsletter? Every Saturday, I say HELLO! to your inbox with 3 exciting illustrations and 4 (or 5) fun links to check out. Subscribe here!