Do you make collage art? Do you have an abundance of paper scraps? If so, then you need to participate in the Collage Scrap Exchange! It’s a super fun art contest that I’m hosting with Papirmass, a mail art subscription service (be sure to check it out, too!).
The premise is simple: bundle up some of your favorite scraps and send them to your partner — another collage artist. They’ll ship their scraps to you, and the two of you will have a whole new set of materials to experiment and play with! Then, make artwork that fuses both of your unique pieces.
How it works:
- Sign up to participate in the Collage Scrap Exchange (CSE) with the form below.
- After November 15, we’ll match up collage partners.
- You’ll package your scraps and mail ‘em via snail mail to your partner.
- Once you receive your collage partner’s package, make a collage using both of your scraps! Theme: New Landscapes
- Turn in your finished artwork before the February 15, 2015 deadline.
Win a prize package worth over $250!
- $125 cash prize
- 2 free subscriptions for Papirmass
- Get your work published in an issue of Papirmass!
Project theme: New Landscapes
- Sign up until November 15, 2014
- Artwork must be received by February 15, 2015
All are welcome to participate, so please pass this along to a friend! I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Sign ups for the Collage Scrap Exchange are now closed. If you missed the deadline, don’t worry — the collage contest will be back!